Wednesday, November 7, 2007

How the Germans are going to make me money.

So, I just spent a good two hours putting the finishing touches on M1KEYGOD.ru. I'll have an actual domain name if I ever bother to post more then once a month. Unlikely. But with the time wasted and effort put in, I figure I'll grace you with my first real post. Guess what its about. No really. Guess!

GOOPHONE!

Yes. I'm a day late and a dollar short [in more ways then one] on this announcement I know, but its still a big deal; I have money invested in it. If your not interested in tech/finance ramblings skip ahead, there's some stuff about my life [which is clearly a show-stopper] later on in the post.
-----------------



"After weeks of speculation, web giant Google announced Monday it is developing a free software package for cell phones..."

"The list of wireless carriers that have agreed to provide service for phones with Google software in the United States include Sprint Nextel (nyse: S - news - people ) and Deutsche Telekom's (nyse: DT - news - people ) T-Mobile in the United States"

http://www.forbes.com/2007/11/05/google-cell-closer-markets-equities-cx_cg_1105markets53.html
-----------------
With Google trading at $723 a share there is no chance in hell I'd have the money to buy enough stock to make a difference and HTC, which will be one of the major equipment manufacturers, only trades on the Taiwanese Exchange. But thats OK, there are always the service providers to count on. You know you can always count on Google to pull any company its working with up along with it, especially when it develops something as anticipated as the GPhone and doesn't give distribution rights to iDaddy: AT&T. I've never been to big a fan of Sprint, but I've been using T-Mobile for a long time now, so why not put some money into Deutsche Telekom, the German company that owns T-Mobile, and see what happens come September 2008 when these phones are said to be released.

If you cant tell, I'm excited. I want a GPhone and I want it now.

----------------------------------

There's a lot to say about life and the stars above, but no clear way to just jump into it. Lots happens, lots has happened. So, this will be the rule for this blog: I start fresh from today, and if you want to know about yesterday or details on anything in my past, leave a comment and I'll be glad to answer it.

-----------------------------------

8:30 am. The buzzer went off. I've really got to set this alarm clock to a radio station and get some rhythm in my morning.

8:35 am. Still in bed. Forget school. I have one Microeconomics class in which I got an A on the midterm and attendance isn't mandatory. All I do in that class is talk to blondie or anyone else within whispering distance and check Myspace on my phone. I love my phone. Its not GPhone but the T-Mobile Dash is just about as perfect a phone as I found. I've been using it for just about everything lately and its been a huge help. Plus, having 300 Nintendo games in my pocket doesn't hurt for classes like Economics. And then there's the whole e-mail for work thing that it does. Thats convenient. But its work, and well, Nintendo is much more fun. But I digress.

Call me inconsistent, but I'm not sticking to the time arrangement of the first two paragraphs, its too much work. Don't like it? Stop reading. Thats how this is going to work. (but tell your friends)

Not going to school usually means one of two things: either I sleep or I get work done. Somehow today didn't fit into either of those categories. I couldn't fall back asleep nor did I feel like doing any work. I did get my one Microsoft Access project done for my CIS class, but thats about it as far as productivity is concerned.

I spent the morning listening to TWiT and realizing how dead on their speculation about Google's announcement was. The rest of the day is a bit of a blur until around 4:30pm when I drove over to my grandma's house in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, and completely destroyed the guy trying to sell her some air purifier. Thats what they get for scaring old people into thinking they need to drop $2400 on this thing or they'll die. News Flash: THEY'RE GONNA DIE ANYWAY. And this product really isn't very good. In fact, I'm not sure what was worse, the product, the sales pitch, or this guys wrinkly suit which he probably saved up for and bought at my uncle's store on clearance years ago.

The evening ended off with dinner and me finishing "Metamorphoses" by Kafka for my English Lit class. I didn't like it, and thats all I have to say about that.

Its now 1:31 am and although I have tons more to say, I need my sleep. Class bright and early tomorrow morning.

I hope this won't become another abandoned blog. I rather enjoy writing when I have the time. The problem is that I don't often have the time.

Sweet dreams kids.

No comments: