Thursday, November 8, 2007

"Not only are you a cadaverous lay, but you have shitty taste in movies" - Hank Moody (Californication)

So I spent the train ride home today typing away at my Dash. I made a whole list of things I want to write about. I came home, turned on the laptop, checked my stocks (which are up), and opened up blogger only to realize that I don't actually feel like writing about any of them anymore. The one thing I did realize is that I'm going to stop censoring myself. Granted this is only the forth post and its a bit early to be making drastic changes, but I've been reeding over the last few posts and realizing that while they say what I have on my mind, they don't say it with quite the same expression that generally comes with my personality. I mean, for fucks sake, I was told that I am NOT the devil and that my posts don't make people want to vomit. Thanks for the compliment, but if thats the case then I'm definitely missing something. Perhaps I don't say fuck often enough. It adds weight to any conversation. So from now on you'll be getting a whole lot more me and a whole lot less political correctness. Enjoy kids. All 3 of you. Or kill yourself. Put a link to the blog in your suicide note.

So since I don't actually have anything planned for this post, I figured I'd let you into my life a little in the form of Top 5 lists. I urge you to look into everything on all these lists and trust me, if you've made it this far into this post without closing the window, then you won't be disappointed in my tastes. Keep in mind I change my addictions daily. In fact, I think these lists might become a usual thing. Because God knows some of you kids have horrible taste. Maybe you'll learn something. The one thing I won't touch is music. There's far too much to include and I couldn't possibly do my tastes justice with a top 5 list. Maybe I'll throw in a song or two for you to listen too every now and then if I'm particularly stuck on it. So with out further ado, get socialized kids:

Movies
  1. Across the Universe
  2. No End in Sight (it is your duty as an American citizen to watch this movie)
  3. Dead Man's Shoes
  4. An Evening with Kevin Smith
  5. Cashback
TV Shows
  1. Californication (Showtime)
  2. Entourage (HBO)
  3. Heroes (NBC)
  4. Dexter (Showtime)
  5. Big Shots (ABC)
[I also watch Gossip Girl. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I put a show clearly made for females on my top 5, but I figured I should at least mention it. Think its gay? Kill yourself.]

Russian Movies / TV Shows
  1. моя песня (because what kind of son would I be if I didn't plug my dad's show)
  2. бригада
  3. Бой с тенью
  4. 9 РОТА
  5. Час Пик
Podcasts
  1. Nobody Likes Onions
  2. TWiT
  3. Red Bar Radio
  4. Urban Coffee
  5. The Overnightscape
Look into it. Especially the number 1 pick in every category and the number 2 pick in the Russian stuff. You might learn something.

Sweet dreams kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im honored to see my comments make such an impact on your overall blogging. And dont feel bad, your existence in the world as a whole makes me sick so this blog's inability to do so isnt such a big letdown.

M1KE N. said...

It pleases me that contribuiting to your melancholy state is so effortless.

Before you feel "honored" about anything else I do, keep in mind the only reason I'm putting effort into this comment is because ever since I've read "Everything is Illuminated" and Kafka's "Metamorphosis" after that I've always wanted to use the word "melancholy" in a sentence.

Next time leave a comment in which I would be able to use the word "capricious"; its been a long time goal of mine.